I won an award. Or rather we won an award because I feel like this blog belongs to a blend of my family, neighbors and readers from around here. So we won an award!
I have been busy with my family trees and with working on a new blog post.
The new blog post is taking a little research. We found an article in an old newspaper the other night that has led me to working out a family tree for this man while I search for his history. I can’t wait to put it all together this week.
I had to come back in here and make an update to this paragraph. I was moving my files to Legacy from Family Treemaker. But then I stopped. I am just updating to FTM 2012. I’ve done too much work on the old FTM and Ancestry to change it all. FTM 2012 does seem to have some new features that I like. So there was about 3 or 4 days wasted. Oh well, there’ll be days like that.
But anyway, back to the award.
Thanks so much to allaboutlemon for the nomination and bestowing this honor upon me. Check out her blog if you have the time. I always enjoy seeing her new posts on my page and think you will too.
The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. (that’s me!)
To accept the award The Rules are:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top 5 picks (or more) for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere – other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
- http://journeyamerica.wordpress.com/ I love Jerry Nelson’s photos and his story. I think you will too. He’s not a Nelson from around here. Or at least I don’t think so.
- http://countryroadsphoto.wordpress.com/ I think you will enjoy this blog. Beauty is everywhere.
- http://forgottenhistory.net/ A blog I think you will enjoy about genealogy.
- http://jgburdette.wordpress.com/ I know you will enjoy the read on this history blog.
- http://thehillville.com/ I like this blog and it kind of sounds like our area sometimes.