I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by J.G. Burdette at her blog Map Of Time, A Trip Into The Past. Thank you!
Now as a receiver of this award I must thank the person who gave me this award, include a link to their blog, tell seven things about myself and nominate 15 other blogs. In turn those who are nominated are to do the same. That is if they wish to.
Seven things about me:
1. When I was in first grade my dress got caught and I fell off the side of the big slide. I hung there by the skirt of my dress. A man teacher got under me and a boy went up and unhooked me so I free falled for what seemed like forever. Mrs. McDaniel (Miss Goose) sewed my skirt back together and chewed me out the entire time about how young ladies put their skirts under their bottoms. It was very traumatic.
2. I used to ride dirt bikes with my brothers and parents. Old coal mine roads are good for some things.
3. I absolutely am terrified of mice! I scream and jump on things. My heart pounds. I hate a mouse.
4. The kids and I used to walk around in the woods when they were little, and gather things to make fairy gardens. They had to be all natural. My daughter and I are going to make one this year in a box on her screened back porch.
5. I turned my back last week for a minute to plant a flower and my little blind dog Archie wandered off of the porch and into the road. He was killed by a car just that fast. He never left my side but this day he did. I always had him on a leash or a cable but I let him sit on the porch with me without one. I sure miss that little dog.
6. I met my husband on a blind date.
7. I am bound and determined to grow healthy tomato plants this year that actually produce some tomatoes.
My tastes are varied and my blogroll is pretty long, but here are fifteen of the many wonderful blogs I enjoy reading:
10. Yoga Dog Blog
14. The Hillville
15. Motley News
So thank you J. G. Burdette for reading my history blog and awarding me!